New Zealand Organisation for Rare Disorders
PO Box 38-538,
Wellington Mail Centre
Phone: +64 4 471 2226
Charities Commission Registration CC22512
NZORD - the New Zealand Organisation for Rare Disorders
Is a registered Charitable Trust (Charities Commission registration CC22512).
- Was set up in September 2000, following a conference of over 30 rare disease support groups.
- Now has a network of 147 support groups.
Helps people affected by rare disorders and their families to find essential information.
Provides resources and information for rare disease support groups.
Monitors rare disease issues and policy matters.
Builds partnerships between patients/families, support groups, clinicians, researchers, policy-makers and industry.
Who We Are
- Our People: NZORD is headed by an Executive Director, and steered by a Board of Trustees.
- Support Groups Network : NZORD brings together a large number of New Zealand support groups for people/families affected by rare disorders.
What We Do
- How NZORD Can Help You : how NZORD can help people/families affected by a rare disease, rare disease support groups, clinicians and researchers.
- Our Mission: includes improving information for patients, their family and professionals, and building partnerships to accelerate research towards control and cure of rare disorders.
- NZORD Activities: lists our main activities and achievements since establishment in September 2000.
The people and organisations who help us turn the ideas into reality.