NZORD Newsletter 2011 #2 – 15 March 2011
In this special issue: Draft specifications for new national services open for consultation.
- Important changes to Clinical Genetic services, Paediatric and Adult Metabolic services, Paediatric and Perinatal Pathology services, and Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac services.
- An opportunity to influence service specifications.
- The draft specifications will be on the Ministry's Nationwide Services Framework Library [link no longer active] at least until the close of submissions on 8 April 2011.
- Respond directly to the Ministry or send your comments to NZORD to include in our submission.
NZORD has already had some input into these specifications. So far we have been able to get recognition of the need for:
- services to inform patients and families about services available in the community, including information about support groups,
- some services to continue beyond usual paediatric discharge and provide for adult care in certain situations,
- timeframes to be specified for access to services depending on priority level,
- support groups to be included among service linkages,
- emphasis on equitable access to services regardless of region or district of residence.
There is more to be done to ensure all specifications say the right thing and that important new points are reflected consistently across all the relevant specifications. Send us your comments before 1 April 2011 so we have time to collate our submission before the close of consultations on Friday 8 April 2011.