New Zealand Organisation for Rare Disorders
PO Box 38-538,
Wellington Mail Centre
Phone: +64 4 471 2226
Charities Commission Registration CC22512
We want this site to be accessible by everyone.
We've taken care to remove obstacles that may stop anyone from using it. We hope it works for you - and would welcome your feedback and comments.
Following is a description of specific features for people with visual impairment, and for those who prefer to use the keyboard rather than a mouse.
Features for visually impaired users:
We have structured this site to be easy to use with screen reading software.
To suit your own visual preferences, you can also change most of the design format of the site. For example, you can change the font, font size, font colour, or background colours. To change font sizes:
Internet Explorer: Select View / Text Size
FireFox: Hold down the Ctrl key and press + or -
Netscape 6 and above: Hold down the Ctrl key and press + or -
Netscape 4: Hold down the Ctrl key and press [ or ]
Netscape 3: Select Options / General Preferences / Fonts / Choose Font.
Navigating the site without a mouse:
This site is structured for easy site wide navigation using the keyboard. Once within the site you can use the TAB key to go from link to link. Here is the order of the links you'll find as you tab through the site.
- Jump to the main navigation bar.
- Jump to the secondary navigation for the section of the site you are in.
- Jump to the content of the page. (In Internet Explorer hold down the [ Alt ] key and [ [ ] and press Enter).
- Jump to the links for help with the site.
- Link to the home page.
- Thereafter the Tab key will cycle through the main navigation: Links to the Beginners Guide, About NZORD, Rare Disease Information, Support Groups, Health and Disability Resources, Research, News and Issues, and the Search page.
- Then the Tab key will take you through the secondary navigation, and then to links within the page content.