Transforming Respite – Disability Support Services new strategy
21 August 2017
- offering disabled people and their families/whānau a flexible respite budget that they can use to take breaks in the ways that suit them best
- increasing the range of quality respite options available – this includes the development of new and expanded respite services
- recognising the value of respite and taking a lifelong approach to allocation and funding
- making the administration and payment methods easier
- providing better access to information about respite and support to find and use the respite options available.
The strategy responds directly to what disabled people and their families/whānau told MOH about their aspirations for the future.
To discuss any aspect of the strategy, please email MOH at email@example.com